The weather outside is frightful (well, it’s about to be). Rockingham County may be seeing significant snow accumulations at the end of the week. In addition to preparing our homes and vehicles for the snow, we also need to prepare our muscles for vigorous and extended activity. Some tips to remember:
- Stay hydrated.
- Warm up before shoveling.
- Stretch a little before shoveling.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Only scoop up small amounts of snow. (Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, life’s a synch!)
- Keep good body mechanics while shoveling (twisting and shouting is for dancing, not for shoveling snow.)
- Take time to enjoy walking, sledding, skiing or snowboarding in this winter wonderland.
If you do find yourself a bit sore, stiff, twisted or shouting on Monday, call us for a massage or a chiropractic adjustment at NONNENMACHER CHIROPRACTIC in Elkton at (540) 298-1727.